Improving literacy and education worldwide
Darien Book Aid Plan
Make a Book Donation
View our Amazon wish list here ---> DBA Wish List
Or copy and paste the address below into your browser.
Ordering books off the wish listis easy and fast and ensures that you are donating a much needed book. Thank you so much for thinking to donate books to us. Our books go to learners who have very few or no books and each book is used by many different people, so we ask that all donations be in good to excellent condition with no yellowing pages, broken spine, musty smell, underlining etc.
Book Donation Guidelines
When dropping off book donations please park in the one space in front of our building at 1926 Post Road. Do not park in our neighbors lots.
These are the kinds of books that we can always use:
* Children's Books for all ages - preschool through High School, fiction, non-fiction
* Classics and simplified classics
* Short Story Collections
* Grammar books
* Teaching methods and materials
* English as a Second Language (ESL) books and materials
* Books in Spanish or French for native speakers in all subjects -- children and adult titles
* You may donate books we cannot use to the libraries listed on the other side.
* Spanish/English and French/English dictionaries
* Crafts/Home Arts: sewing, cooking, knitting etc.
* DIY books: carpentry, masonry, auto repair etc.
* Construction/Industrial Arts
* Medical and Nursing textbooks
* Law books
* High School and College Textbooks -- no more than 5 years old
* Computer and IT training latest titles only
* Business, banking, finance, accounting, entrepreneurship
* International Relations, conflict resolution, globalization
* Agriculture, vegetable gardening, beekeeping, animal husbandry
* Ecology, environment and climate change
* Reference books: Dictionaries, atlases -- no more that 10 years old
* Art Books
* National Geographic and Smithsonian Magazines no more than 5 years old
BOOKS WE CANNOT USE:
* Please, no office or school supplies like 3 ring binders, etc.
* Large format coffee table books (except art books)
* Gourmet cookbooks and diet books
* Hardcover popular fiction like James Patterson, Nelson DeMille etc.
* Textbooks for learning a foreign language (French, Spanish, German etc.)
You may donate books we cannot use to the libraries listed below. They accept book donations year round, but please visit their websites or call to confirm donation procedures.
At the corner of Bedford & Broad Streets
Norwalk Public Library
1 Belden Ave.
720 Pequot Avenue
Westport Public Library
20 Jesup Road
Wilton Public Library
137 Old Ridgefield Road
Please consider making a donation to help us pay our steep shipping costs. You can send us a check or contribute with your credit card via PayPal on our website.